Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"I made it! I made it! I made it!"


Brody loves to play at the park like most children his age. He's not shy about climbing up the steps or sliding. But at this particular park, the playground equipment had something new for him to conquer. A rope ladder. I was letting him play and explore without quickly jumping in to help. I figured that all this climbing, sliding and running would wear him out! I noticed that we circled around the rope ladder a few times, even putting a foot on and off a few times, but I didn't help him up. I thought that this was probably too physically advanced for him and I didn't want to be stuck helping him up and down, up and down, up and down... So I let him carry on with the other things more familiar. Then, he stopped at it again, putting one foot up, then the other. He stood there, hanging on for a while. I was close by, but again didn't help him. Before I new it, up we went! Then I heard him singing, "I made it! I made it! I made it! I made it!" He was so happy with himself! Needless to say, he climbed up that rope ladder about twenty more times that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment